Less than a month from the celebration of the Marshall McLuhan Centennial in Rome, The Electronic Man will participate to a new event between art, technology, performances, installations.
The Electronic Man will be the special McLuhan project for ADD Festival second edition!
From 22th to 26th June you will find us at MACRO Testaccio (Rome) with a new interactive installation.
For the occasion, a whole wall will be dedicated to the contributions sent by the all performers and authors disseminating allover the world the body of this new connective artwork and identity.
Come to visit the new installation at MACRO Testaccio and join us in the performance! All the contributions send until the 20th Jun will be printed and exposed during the Festival, and published on the official site of the project (instruction below).
And please: if you have an iPhone/iPad, download for free the application and experience on your body the creation of a new global sensoriality!
Electronic Man is an opportunity to feel connected to your fellow humans.
Give an emotion to the Electronic Man and help us to disseminate its digital body! It will only take you a couple of minutes:
1. download the PDF file at the address:http://electronicman.artisopensource.net/electronic-man-qrcode-stickers-a4.pdf
2. print it out: it contains the stickers that allow people to become part of the electronic man
3. cut the stickers apart, and attach them somewhere in your city, in your office, in your favourite bar, in your school, wherever you want
4. take a picture of the sticker and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (If you want, include your name, a link to your website, and a short bio: we will include all images and info at the exhibit for the big event for McLuhan’s Centennial celebrations in Rome, and on the Electronic Man’s website
5. if you want, you can scan the QRCode on the sticker with your smartphone: it will take you directly to the Electronic Man, and you will be able to join its ubiquitous body
Or, if you don’t know how to scan a QRCode, you can go to this address:
(both modes will ask you for your location: it is used to understand the distribution of the body of the Electronic Man, we won’t do anything bad with/to your info, and we will throw it away immediately)
**ATTENTION!** if you will send us your contributions until the 20 June, your photos will be printed and exhibited from becoming part of the installation at the MACRO Testaccio!
The ELECTRONIC MAN
iPhone / iPad APPLICATION
The Enectronic Man @Marshal McLuhan Centennial, Rome, Università La Sapienza: backstage & installation
First Body Disemination: the Electronic Man urba stickers allover the world
DOWLOAD THE APPLICATION
The Electronic Man for iPhone and iPad
Salvatore Iaconesi: concept | design | technology
Oriana Persico: communication | process | networks
FakePress Publishing: production
Art is Open Source: production
Maria Pia Rossignaud: curator | production
Media Duemila, Associazione Amici di MD, Osservatorio TuttiMedia: production
Dipartimento di Comunicazione e Ricerca Sociale della Sapienza: event production
Derrick de Kerckove: scientific direction | inspiration
Marshall McLuhan: this project could not have existed without him
More info at:
Convegno “McLuhan: Tracce di Futuro” – 31 maggio Università “La Sapienza”, Roma
Art is Open Source