Next steps for the Human Ecosystems project in Rome.
Together with the Council for Culture of the First Municipality of the City of Rome, on November 9th 2013, in Rome at Porta Futuro, from 10am to 5pm, we will be at Cultur+, the second meeting for the Cultural Ecosystem in the city.
After the first event, held at the Casa della Cultura in Rome, we have received an enormous amount of feedback, and we have also been doing some thinking on our own, integrating all of the ideas that have been popping up and also designing a set of new concepts.
The day will feature:
- an official introduction by the the Administration, with Councillor Andrea Valeri that will lead us into the state of the art of the activities and into the discussion (at 10am);
- Art is Open Source will introduce the recent updates of EC(m1), the Cultural Ecosystem of the City of Rome, with the new ideas that have come up from all the feedbacks, and from the results of different experimentations which we have been doing at local, national and international level; for example with the innovation-centered experiment that we have conducted at the Internet Festival with the Innovation Ecology installation; (at 10:30am)
- then, at 11am a series of thematic, vertical groups will form around the tables, to explore the opportunities offered by the approach we are following, and by the creation of collaboration practices among all the operators, the citizens and the administration; groups will form on:
- Performing Arts
- Communication, Design and Architecture
- Resources (including funding, European projects, public spaces, and the reuse/recontextualization of existing spaces)
- Visual Cultures
- this is a first classification we formed for the groups, matching the specific focuses of the administration; we are imagining ways to create additional/different classifications/groupings, and ways in which to allow people to group around their own defined themes and interests, and share the results with the rest of the ecosystem;
- this activity will go on until 3:45pm, with a break for lunch
- during this activity a parallel Office for the Ecosystem will be present, through which we will demonstrate one of the possibilities for the Human Ecosystem: what if you city administration offered an Office through which you (or your organization) could position yourself in the Human Ecosystem of your city and learn how navigate, understand and use it to find collaborations, resources, participation and the possibility to confront with common issues? (from 11am to 3:45pm)
- at 3:50pm a short presentation of the concept of the Office for the Ecosystem will be given by Art is Open Source;
- at 4pm the groups will take turns in communicating the results they achieved and the objectives which they set forth for the next phases;
- at 4:30pm the conclusions will be made and the setup for the next meetings will be arranged.