RWR – READ/WRITE REALITY
WHAT: 3+1 days of intensive workshop on the possibilities offered by Ubiquitous Publishing techniques and technologies
WHEN: from 13th to 16th September 2011
WHERE: Cava de’ Tirreni (Amalfi Coast, Italy)
Do you want to learn about new business models, new forms of expression, new possibilities for culture and knowdledge?
Are you looking for new tools for freedom of communication, expression and for knowledge or content diffusion?
Would you like to discover what will be the next possibilities for e-books and digital publishing, starting from the opportunities offered by our present times?
Do you want to learn and acquire the “new ways of writing on the world” that are turning our bodies, architectures, spaces and objects into publishing surfaces?
READ/WRITE REALITY (RWR) is an intensive and visionary workshop created to pragmatically explore the methodological, technical and technological possibilities offered by Ubiquitous Publishing.
A 3+1 days hands-on and minds-on program in which we will follow you through the creation of a full ubiquitous publishing project, starting from scratch and ending up at product release. Participants will learn the methodologies, the conceptual and technological frameworks which will enable individuals, organizations, companies or collectives to use ubiquitous technologies to enact new forms of communication and expression, new business models, new ways in which you can activate your strategies and observe their effects.
Out of the monitor, in the spaces of our cities, bodies, objects and products.
RWR will be held on September 13-14-15+16 in Cava de’ Tirreni, at the Ostello “Borgo Scacciaventi”, a beautiful setting in a 15th century building near to the famous Amalifi Coast. The workshop will fill 3+1 days of intense activities, visionary discussions, engaging hands-on practices, on-the-field explorations and content-production, an “ubiquitous movida” to be discovered, great food, wine and scenery, in contact with the rooted traditions of the beautiful South of Italy.
During the last day (Sept. 16th) a big party and a city-wide event will mark the achievement of your work: the result of the RWR workshop will be exposed in a prestigious building in the center of Cava de’ Tirreni, at the presence of internationally known academics and researchers.
The workshop is addresed to:
- designers (wishing to know,understand and use Ubiquitous Publishing technologies);
- communicators (who want to understand and learnhow to bring digital information out of the monitor, into the city, in people’s pockets, on objects and in the places we traverse in our daily lives);
- developers (who want to learn how to build engaging ubiquitous interactive experiences);
- artists, journalists, scientists and researchers (wishing to add ubiquitous technologies to their toolset for expression, information, knowledge, education and research practices);
- and strategists (with the desire to gain knowledge and insights to confront with the next step of digital communication).
Technologies you will use:
- iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets
- location based, GPS, digital compass
- accelerometers for gesture-based interactions
- augmented reality: location-based, marker-based, computer vision based
- mobile tagging: QRCode, barcodes
- HTML5, CSS3, WebGL
- multimedia of all sorts, 3D, 2D, sound, immersive sounds and visuals
- projection mapping for architecture-based content and interaction
Deadline for enrollment & Conditions
20th August 2011
Only a limited number of 35 people will be accepted:
ATTENTION! Students, artists, researchers, people working in educational or non-profit sector, young (less than 26 years old) and old (over 70), benefit from special conditions!
RWR is a project by
in collaboration with:
Cantro Studi di Etnografia Digitale, Ninja Marketing, Ostello “Borgo Scacciaventi”
LiberLiber, MELTINGPOT – Cantiere Creativo per la New Media Art, Piemonte Share Festival, StoriaContinua